Nominated For a Liebster Blog Award!

Amber and Jessica over at The Book Bratz , have nominated me for the Liebster Award. So a big thanks to them! About the Award:  &qu...

Amber and Jessica over at The Book Bratz, have nominated me for the Liebster Award. So a big thanks to them!

About the Award: 
"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs." -(We Loved Here)

Rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

Eleven Things About SJ: 
Alright! So here we go. 11 Things about me. Well, 1- I want to become a published author and maybe turn books into movies one day. My overall dream is to run a publishing house that takes little known authors, publishes them, and turns their books into accurate film adaptions. 2- my favorite color is light green or a robin's egg or turquoise blue. 3- I LOVE seafood. 4- I love to watch television. Some of my favorite shows are Sherlock, The Office, Alphas, Psych, Firefly, Seinfeld, Dallas, Once Upon A Time... and the list goes on. 5- I have a collection of over 300 books. Most of them are classics. A portion is YA. 6- I can do the Vulcan Salute with my toes. 7- I collect teapots and teacups. 8- I have to wear glasses because I'm nearsighted and too chicken to wear contacts. 9- I am a night owl, but my mom insists on waking me up super early, so 99.9% of the time I'm exhausted. 10- I can cook decent food, but my meal presentation is horrendous. 11- I am terrified of snakes and reptiles in general, but mostly snakes. 


My Eleven Questions from The Book Bratz:

1. If you had to choose, who would be your book boyfriend? MR. KNIGHTLEY! I love Jane Austen and her works. Most people would choose Mr. Darcy, but I'm more of a Knightley fan. He's funny and responsible and kind and doesn't mask his shyness with being rude to people (*cough* Darcy), but he's also tough stuff. Mr. Knightley is just awesome.

2. If you could redesign one book cover, which book would it be?
Bam, this baby right here- 
I've just never been a big fan of it, for some reason. It's not BAD, I'm just not fond of it. I think because her shoulder is exposed, and the font is so bold and red, it makes me think of a Harlequin Romance novel. This book is NOT a Harlequin Romance novel... so in my brain, I guess that makes the cover look bleh, because it just doesn't fit. 


3. What's one book character that you wish had their own series?
Fred and George Weasley. How awesome would it have been to see the Harry Potter wolrd from their point of view? We'd have comedy wizard stories! Except for... you know... that last part.


4. What was the worst book you've ever read?
I typically find something to like about all the books I read, but one of the only stories that didn't have ANY redeeming qualities for me was Jane by April Linder.

5. Why was the book you mentioned in Question #4 the worst book you've ever read?
It's a modernized retelling of Jane Eyre, and the characters are weird and don't make sense and are annoying. Jane Eyre is such a powerful story! Jane, the modern version, felt watered down. Like the bimbo copy of such a unique story. I just couldn't deal with it. It might have been enjoyable if I wasn't so in love with Bronte's work.

6. If you could recommend one book to the whole world, what would it be?
The Princess Bride. People seriously need to read that book. Loads of people adore the movie, but the book is just as good if not better. Imagine all the one-liners from the movie... but times infinity.

7. What's one of your favorite book blogs that you follow? (Tag them!)
YA CRUSH! This was the first book blog I stumbled upon that I seriously enjoyed. They are great over there.

8. What was the last book you read (completely finished)?
Anna and the French Kiss! :) You may find the review here.

9. How many books do you want to read throughout 2014? (If you have a Goodreads account--what is your 2014 Reading Challenge goal?)
My goal to read is 30. Last year, I shot for 50. I honestly could read a lot of books, but it's like I get exhausted after I read more than two. And then I take a break for a month and read a few more. I'm not a slow reader. I'm just a lazy reader. Unfortunately. So yeah! My goal this year is to read 30 books, and I've only read 10 so far. Wish me luck.

10. What's one genre that you just can't get into?
Fantasy. I love lots of genre's, but fantasy is just one I can't seem to get into. I love for there to be a romantic interest, so if there is a love story in a fantasy novel, then I'll probably give it a shot. But, if there isn't any love, I won't even give the fantasy book a chance. I know I'll get bored with it.

11. What's your favorite thing about being a book blogger?
My favorite thing is the fact that I can just go on and on about my favorite stories and nobody can tell me to shut up. This is my nook of the internet :) I have the freedom to blab about one of my favorite things. It's wonderful. Also, I get to make friends who also love books. Being a book blogger is an overall win.


I tag:


My eleven questions for you guys:
1. What is your favorite book series?
2. Who is your literary crush?
3. Favorite literary villain?
4. A book character you wish you could be?
5. What are your thoughts on vampire stories?
6. Favorite book quote?
7. What book made you laugh out loud the most?
8. What is one thing that you absolutely HATE in a book?
9. What is your Hogwarts House?
10. How many books do you own? Doesn't have to be exclusively YA, just books on your shelves total.
11. If you could live ANYWHERE (in this world, or in a fictional world), where would it be?


Can't wait to see all of your answers! Thanks again to the Book Bratz for tagging me. It's an honor to participate in this. 

Cha cha real smooth, y'all. 



You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Aw, thank you! I'm so honored :) I'm working on my post now :) And I'm definitely going to nominate you as one of my 11, because, well, you're awesome :)

    Although, isn't #1 the same as #5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I caught that #1 and #5 thing xD I changed it so don't worry! :) And you are so awesome! OF COURSE I NOMINATED YOU! <3

      Delete
  2. I agree with the cover of The Madman's Daughter! I like it but if my friend didn't recommend me to read this I would have never picked it up. And I am totally jealous of your book collection. I have around 70 right now!

    ~Amber @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me. I was actually nominated for my second Liebster just a week or so ago, so I don't want to bog down my readers with facts about me they probably don't want to read. Lol. But I like your questions a lot so I think I'll answer a few of thrm in my Sunday Funday weekly recap post. If that's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally okay! :) Congrats on the multiple nominations. Your blog is so gorgeous <3

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your nomination! (*wink*) Best of luck to you! :)

    xx,
    Jessica @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey lovely!
    Thanks for the nom :)

    I love your answers by the way!! I love Fred and George - Fred was going to be my wizard husband but... you know :(

    I've already taken part in this twice so I'm not going to do it again but I wanted to make sure you didn't think I was just ignoring you. Thank you for the nom!! :)

    ~Mily
    The YA's Nightstand

    ReplyDelete