Book Cover Pet Peeves

BOOK COVER PET PEEVES 1. On paperbacks when the front cover only covers part of the book. It just feels too partial for me. Deficient....

BOOK COVER PET PEEVES

1. On paperbacks when the front cover only covers part of the book. It just feels too partial for me. Deficient. Incomplete. Bleh. No. No. No.





______________________________________________________

2. SPEAK written on the spine of books. They're just disruptive. They take beautiful spines and turn them into an advertisement. Not that I don't like the SPEAK movement, but ... just why put it on the spine in such an aesthetically displeasing way? Why can't the Penguin Teen put the SPEAK logo solely on the back? Or write the word "SPEAK" in simple letters on the spine, if the words absolutely must be there. Why involve the bulky, big, blue block at all? Is it really necessary?





______________________________________________________

3. Stores that put discount stickers on the cover of the book. It doesn't look pretty. And GOD FORBID if you try to peal it off -in an attempt to make the book look like a beautiful novel and less like a sticker book- and some of the cover comes off with the unrelenting adhesive! Leaving the sticker makes the book look junky. Taking it off leaves the risk of making it worse. There's no guarantee of beating the sticker unless you're excruciatingly careful when peeling that stubborn sucker off.




______________________________________________________

What just drives you up the wall when it comes to book covers? Let me know in the comments! :)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ha ha ha your little illustrations are cracking me up! I completely agree with all of the things you mentioned. Couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are hilarious. And I have the same thing about stickers on books. It makes me absolutely crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes forgo buying books with stickers, even if I really want to book. I just cannot STAND THOSE BLASTED STICKERS xD

      Delete
    2. My mom has this stuff called Goo-Gone that's designed to get sticker residue off of objects, but the problem is that makes covers (at least on paperbacks) a little oily on the spot you used it. Someone should modify the formula for books. Bookworms everywhere would rejoice.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is hilarious!!!! HAHAHA totally cackled at the patrick meme!!!! Can't agree no more with your peeves. Especially if the books in the series are not matching at all *GASPS IN HORROR*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *screams in the distance* I HATE WHEN BOOKS DON'T MATCH

      Delete
  4. Haha I love your blog! Your humour is hilarious!!! I agree with the sticker thing - drives me mad! I also really hate when they release a new version of the series you already have...and the covers are prettier....

    ReplyDelete