FOUR A Divergent Story Collection Review

Author: Veronica Roth Publishing Date: July 8th, 2014 Series: Divergent #0.1 - 0.4 Two years before Beatrice Prior made her ch...

Author: Veronica Roth
Publishing Date: July 8th, 2014
Series: Divergent #0.1 - 0.4





Two years before Beatrice Prior made her choice, the sixteen-year-old son of Abnegation’s faction leader did the same. Tobias’s transfer to Dauntless is a chance to begin again. Here, he will not be called the name his parents gave him. Here, he will not let fear turn him into a cowering child.
Newly christened “Four,” he discovers during initiation that he will succeed in Dauntless. Initiation is only the beginning, though; Four must claim his place in the Dauntless hierarchy. His decisions will affect future initiates as well as uncover secrets that could threaten his own future—and the future of the entire faction system.
Two years later, Four is poised to take action, but the course is still unclear. The first new initiate who jumps into the net might change all that. With her, the way to righting their world might become clear. With her, it might become possible to be Tobias once again.


Short and Sweet: 
If you're looking for a new story set in the Divergent world, then this book isn't for you. If you're looking for more Four and Tris, and insight and back story on our favorite characters, and the same story told from a different point of view, then this should be right up your alley. 

Personally, I loved the book. It allowed me to see more of who Four is on the inside and what his thoughts were, and what life was like before Tris came crashing into his world. I've read Divergent, Insurgent, and the first few chapters of Allegiant. I had to stop reading Allegiant. It felt like he lacked depth and his soul purpose was to narrate Tris's every movement (I'll pick the book up again, so that was just my first impression). Point is, Four's voice annoyed me. NOT SO FOR FOUR A DIVERGENT COLLECTION! Veronica Roth wrote this story beautifully. Four had more depth to his narration and he didn't sound too much like Tris's voice either. 

And then Tris comes into the story and there are lots of Fourtris feels. A lot of them. At some point, Tris is talking and Four spaces out while thinking about how his hand could fit perfectly to the small of her back *cue me screaming in the distance*



Again, if you want more Four back story and Fourtris cuteness, then pick up this book and love it forever. I pre-ordered the story. I don't regret that purchase one bit. I'm proud to have Four A Divergent Story Collection sitting on my bookshelf. 

Rating: 5/5
BUY THIS BOOK. CHERISH IT. 
Note to anyone who hasn't finished the first three books: If you've at least finished Divergent and half of Insurgent, reading Four A Divergent Story Collection will not ruin the rest of the series for you. You don't have to wait to finish Insurgent or read Allegiant to enjoy this book. 



My review for Divergent and Insurgent.

Have you read the book yet? What was your favorite part?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm really hesitant to pick this one up because I really didn't like Four's POVs in Allegiant... but maybe since you're saying his POVs are better, I'll give it a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four's POV in Allegiant drove me up the wall. I had to put it down, which is a shame :/ I'll pick it back up again, but I just couldn't deal with it at the time.

      But definitely pick up this book! :) His voice is different. I mean, it's still in Roth's style- more dialogue focused and less concerned with details, but Four's personality definitely shines through in his POV for Four: A Divergent Story Collection.

      Delete