Heart Trouble Review

Author: Josh Lanyon Publishing Date: October 4th 2012 Genre: Romance/Gay Stress kills. So does loneliness. A very short, very s...


Author: Josh Lanyon
Publishing Date: October 4th 2012
Genre: Romance/Gay

Stress kills. So does loneliness. A very short, very sweet story by Josh Lanyon. 




Rating: 5/5 would recommend 


Writing:

Okay I know I've given everything a 5/5 rating so far, but bare with me. Aside from GO, which is my favourite book, I've been reviewing the books I most recently finished, which juuuust happened to be by one of my favourite authors. Now, you do have another review to look forward to when I finish the book I'm currently reading, which is not by an author I know. But to get back to the point, here is what I think about how this book was written.
Of course it shouldn't be surprising based on my last review of a Lanyon boom that He passed with flying colours here. The first sentence had me gripped already and I read this short story all the way through in about an hour, not once putting it down. It's shortsweet, and will leave you going "awwwwwwwwww"! 

Plot:


What is there to say here other than chuitevburtbvtuirnvrifvnkrjfv? Simply put, it is just one of the cutest little love stories I've ever read. Though it's short and leaves you wanting more, it ends in such a sweet way you'll be left grinning and unable to argue with what you were left with. You just simple accept it and hug your phone/iPad/kindle because PRECIOUS BABIES. And even with as short as this story is, Lanyon STILL manages to throw some plot twists on there and push you to the edge of your seat, biting your lip as you hurry to see how things will turn out, yet not too fast because you want to savor all of its wonder. 

Characters: 


Oh. My. Gosh. Josh does it again. Ford is a relatable book loving, socially awkward writer who's recently out of the closet and does a pretty bad job of hiding it-not that he necessarily wants to. Jacob is kind, patient, and sees right through Ford. They both take an interest in each other right away and they just work so well together. Jacob is perfect for dealing with Ford's nervousness and Ford melts right into his arms-literally. With what little time he had to set everything up, Josh still managed to give them both a bit of backstory and a lot of personality, ones that you'll definitely love. 

Overall: 

This is a book that you'll find yourself reading over and over again, just because it's just so adorable. If you're looking for a quick fix of cute and a pinch if drama, you'll adore this book. If Josh decided to expand it into a full novel, or give it a sequel I would be the happiest girl in the world. Buuut, I'll settle for just re-reading this one over and over and grinning like a little kid on Christmas. Okay, maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, but just read it and decide for yourself. 

-Ace

You Might Also Like

0 comments