Introducing The TBR Jar

Recently, while watching a WhittyNovels video , I saw her pull a slip of paper (with a book name written on it) out of a jar, and that ...


Recently, while watching a WhittyNovels video, I saw her pull a slip of paper (with a book name written on it) out of a jar, and that was the book she was going to read. I loved that idea! Because on my goodreads, I have marked so many books as TO READ, but I never go back through the list when I want to read something. A new book comes into the spot light and I read that, or I grab something random from the library. I am just so overwhelmed by my massive (I'm talking 500+ books here!) TO READ compilation on goodreads, that I avoided it altogether. Couldn't choose anything, so I didn't look at it. But watching WhittyNovels' video gave me an idea. 

I should make a TBR Jar. The plan was to write down all the titles and authors of the books on my goodreads list, cut out the titles, fold them up, put them in a jar, and in the future when I wanted to read something, I wouldn't have to wade through page upon page of titles. I'd just have to reach my hand in, pluck out a slip of paper, and BAM-  THE NEXT TITLE I SHALL READ. 

Now that you know the inspiration behind this project, you may proceed to the images documenting the creation of THE TBR JAR.

BEHOLD- THE UGLY ASS PIG I SHALL PUT ALL THE TITLES IN. I used this old cookie jar because my grandmother gave it to me, and it was just sitting empty on my bookshelf. Thought this was a good time to put it to use-


And here be the notebook I wrote all the book titles in


Mmmm yes... book titles


and more book titles


 it took me like, a week to write all these out
I got severe hand cramps, back aches, and my sister laughed at me because some of these YA Titles are rather cheesy, but NO BOOK BLOGGERS DIED IN THE PROCESS
23 PAGES OF BOOK TITLES


Then it was time to cut all these babies up into individual strips and put them into jar. I cut out one and it looked really pathetic just laying in there all by itself. 


Behold, the mound of 500+ strips of paper #imnotcryingyouare


My foot, my sister's knee, and a never ending pile of paper


One of the titles :)



I THINK IT ACTUALLY GREW?!


Project was going on two hours of cutting so we had to bring in a third person


The decapitated pig is a little creepy, but WE FINISHED CUTTING OUT ALL THE SLIPS OF PAPER! Our hands totally weren't cramping ;)


But now for what we've all been waiting for! What title out of this TBR Jar shall I read first? 


AND THE FIRST BOOK OUT OF THE JAR IIIS




DASH AND LILY'S BOOK OF DARES BY RACHEL COHN & DAVID LEVITHAN! 
I'm so excited! I've actually been wanting to read this for a very long time but other stories kept coming up. Also it was doubly meant to be because my co-blogger is named Dash, and I think it's just rather fitting.

Can't wait to read this!

Expect a review on this title soon!



side note: I joined bloglovin and I'm trying to claim my blog xD


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This looks like a lot of work! :-) But it's a fabulous idea nonetheless. If I have a spare moment (or week) and a spare sister to help, I might attempt it. Sadly, I have no epically ugly pig jar, so I might have to settle for a plain ball jar. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. plain ball jar will probably be much prettier xD I wish you luck!

      Delete
  2. Wow! 23 pages?!?! To be honest, though, I'm not really surprised. I'm sure I'd have a similar number myself.

    Great idea! Keep us updated on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete