Borrowed Books Pet Peeves

Am I the only one who has a hard time parting with my beloved books? I love reading. I love recommending books to people. I love when I...


Am I the only one who has a hard time parting with my beloved books? I love reading. I love recommending books to people. I love when I can fangirl over my favorite stories with friends. What I hate? Lending one of my books to anybody. I don't care if you are a responsible and reverent book handler. I'm going to have a hard time giving it up, because I will always doubt your ability to take care of them as well as I do. If we're friends and you want to test how well I trust you, ask to borrow a book.



(about 1:10 and on is how tightly I hold onto my books. Also this whole scene is great, I suggest you watch it all haha!)

1. People who borrow books and then don't return them for months, if ever.
I get so panicky when I don't see my book for a long time (I loaned out Code Name Verity over six months ago, and I'm pissed). I don't know if it's because I have a possessive nature, or because I grew up with a lot of siblings and little money, so anything I own is very precious to me, and it's MINE AND I WANT IT BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!





2. Books returned damaged
Also known as!
-dog earred pages

-food or some ungodly substance smudged on the pages
-bent and battered spine




Just don't do these things, people! If you borrow a book, care for it as if it's baby Jesus himself and return it in a timely fashion! Don't hold it hostage for months (unless you live in a different city, then it is understandable if you cannot return it right away)! Don't you DARE crease the pages! Just have respect for people's things, yo. I paid good money for these books.


What are some of your Pet Peeves? 
What do your friends have to do before they can borrow one of your books?
Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments