The Secret Life of a Book Blogger

Yo yo yo! So nobody tagged me for this. I simply love doing tags! And I saw this one on bloglovin and just had to do one for myself, beca...


Yo yo yo! So nobody tagged me for this. I simply love doing tags! And I saw this one on bloglovin and just had to do one for myself, because I think you should read more about me (I'm narcissistic like that). It's a very simple tag. There are 11 questions. Answer. Tag people. Alrighty enough gabbing; time to hop to it and answer-


1. How long have you been a blogger?
If you want to get technical, I've been a blogger for five years. My freshman year of high school, me and my best friend were in a class where we had to know how to navigate the internet, and then there was like a summer school thing? Extra credit? I don't remember. Either way we had to create a blog, so we teamed up and made a Random blog. I think I wrote an article about Pirates of the Caribbean (Pirates. Who saw that coming? lol). Anyway, we quit that after a few months, and then last year during the summer, I started up this blog! And I quit again after a few months because college happened. But now I'm back to it with two of my good friends. So long answer short, I've been publishing posts on this blog for eight months. And I finally feel like I've hit my stride (haven't messed with the layout of this thing in ages!).




2. At what point do you think you will stop? 
I don't think I'll ever stop blogging. As you can see from the first question, I'll most definitely let life take over, and I'll absolutely put the blog aside for a few months, but I'll always come back to it. I have a lot to say. In real life, in person, I'm not the best at articulating all I want to say. I don't always find a listening ear either. Blogging allows me to say all I want to. It doesn't matter if nobody reads my words. I just need to get them out. That need is never going to end.




3. What is the best thing?
Getting all my thoughts out onto "paper". I love fangirling about books and answering questions about myself.  It's weird xD I swear I'm not a narcissist. My favorite thing though is when people comment. It's not my goal when I write a post, but it's nice when someone takes the time to voice their thoughts on what I wrote. It's like, "Aww, you actually read it! Bless you!"




4. What is the worst thing?
I really love the book blogging community, but sometimes it can get dramatic and I rarely have a firm grasp on the root of the bickering. Even when I do understand why everyone is having a hissy fit, most times I'm just sitting here with my book like, "Guys. Chill."




5. How long does it take you to find/create pictures for your post?
I like things simple, and I know what I want. I'm usually fairly quick whipping up an image or original graphic, because let's face it- I'm terrible at pretty artsy stuff and my graphics are cheap or pulled off google images. Takes me five minutes tops if I'm making something.




6. Who is your book crush?
Nikolai Lantsov from The Grisha Trilogy.




7. What author would you like to have on your blog? 
Jane Austen, but she's dead and I cry every day because of it! ....my second choice would be Leigh Bardugo. 




8. What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
95% of the time I'm in pajamas. Rarely wear pants. I'm all about the big t-shirts and leaving the legs free and unbound.




9. How long does it take you to prepare/write?
I typically write all my thoughts about books while I'm reading the book. So it takes as long as I read the book to prepare for a review. When it's review time, I just have to rearrange everything, make it legible, and add some gifs. Grand total of actually writing the post (not including prep) would be like, twenty minutes. These bookish tags, though, take much longer. I have to take pictures. Edit pictures. Give thought to questions. It's an ordeal. This current post is going on half an hour, and it's one of the easiest tags.




10. How do you feel about the book/blogger community/culture? 
It's a wonderful outlet for us bookish nerds. I am a shy person. And awkward. And an introvert. My shyness isn't debilitating, though, I mean I'll eagerly extend a hand and talk to people. It's just, after the initial greetings and fangirling, I'm like, "Shooty-Mc-NO, now what?" I have no idea how to talk to people. My small talk game is weak, but I've still managed to make quite a few lovely friends. Turns out, we're all freaks and geeks here.




11. What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
Honestly, just be yourself. Are you having fun? Are you happy with what you're putting out there? You're a success. It's your blog. Do what makes you happy, and you'll be on the right track :)

("pro" tip tho- ...don't have wild, neon, busy colors all over the place it hurts the eyes and distracts from your post)




I TAG:
Anyone who wants to do this! 
Let me know if you do, so I can read your answers! :)

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I really like this tag, I might do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful! :D Let me know through twitter or on here when you post it. I'd love to check it out :D

      Delete
  2. Your choice of gifs was perfect. I actually laughed out loud at number six. I'm pretty impressed that you only take 20 minutes to whip up a review. It takes me so much longer. I won't even say how long because it's embarassing lol. I don't do any prep time, which is probably my biggest problem. I should follow in your lead and start doing that. I'm sure it makes life a lot easier in the long run. :D

    Sarah @ The Reading Petal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picking gifs to go with the posts is one of my favorite things xD glad you appreciated it!

      And yeah prepping for posts makes things so much easier. I am a really lazy blogger, but have sudden bursts of energy. Therefore, I prep when I'm feeling lazy. I just thrown some words onto the draft and some images and it's utter crap, but I don't publish it. I wait until I'm feeling energized to come back to my rough drafts, and THEN I write up all the posts. This leaves me with like, 6 completely ready drafts to be scheduled for posting, and leaves me a week or two to be lazy again xD

      Delete
    2. That is so smart. I also throw some words onto a draft, but I immediately start trying to format it into something better. I get so flustered, which just leads to writers block ... a lot. I should really try stepping away for a bit and coming back when I feel more refreshed. I'm lazy to begin with, so it would be nice to actually have posts scheduled to make up for my laziness. XD

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LEIGH BARDUGO! You probably knew that though haha. Nikolai is absolutely the best!

    I hate getting asked when do I think I'll stop blogging. Like, I don't know. I'm sure life will get in the way at some point but I don't want to think about it ending.

    My favorite thing about blogging is the same as you, talking to other people about the books I love and hate. Though as you said it can get dramatic but that's because we're all so passionate about our books! XD I do try to avoid the drama as much as I can though.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NIKOLAI!!! <3 <3 <3 I love him so much xD He's so sarcastic and charming and a PIRATE *heart eyes*

      But yeah that is kind of a bleh question. Like, when I sat down to blog, I never had an end date in mind. I just wanted to write. It's blogging. I haven't put THAT much thought into it.

      When I started reading and blogging, I never would have DREAMED there could be drama xD Like, what is there to fight about? We all love books here! Oh how naive I was xD

      Delete
  4. This is quite the nice tag, with interesting questions :D it's nice to know how and when/why a blogger started and what gets them inspired :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) and I love learning more about bloggers, and writing these things up myself xD

      Delete