November Owlcrate Unboxing

Salutations, fair readers! I have been dragged away from my NaNoWriMo-induced writing frenzy because *squeal* my next Owlcrate arrived...


Salutations, fair readers!

I have been dragged away from my NaNoWriMo-induced writing frenzy because *squeal* my next Owlcrate arrived! What's Owlcrate? It's a YA subscription box that brings a new hardcover and lots of other fun goodies to your door every month.

 As you might remember, I got a box in September (which you can read all about right here) but I decided to skip out on the October box, because the theme was Spooky and I only want to get boxes if the themes really excite me. This month, however, the theme is Myth and Legends! Fun fact about yours truly: I'm a huge fairytale/folktale/mythology nerd so I jumped at the chance to get this particular box. So, let's see what came this month! 


First thing I pulled out was this adorable mermaid scale mirror. I love mermaids and mermaid stuff, so I was very happy to receive it. I originally thought it might be a magnet or a button—and I'm very happy it turned out to be a mirror cause that's a lot cooler. Not to mention, I have more cute/nerdy buttons than I know what to do with. Seriously, I have a tiny box full of buttons. Readers, if you have any ideas about what I should do with all these buttons I'd honestly love to hear them!


Okay, moving on!


The next thing I got was this cute tin. I couldn't get it open at first and I couldn't figure out what it was for. Was it full of fairytale themed soaps? Color pencils? Finger puppets? What could it be? Then, I managed to pry the tin open and discovered it was tea! Fairytale themed tea that smelled divine!


Here's the info about the tea bags.
Since I'm something of a tea junkie, I figured that I might as well brew a bag and test it out while I write this post. Despite the fact that it took almost fifteen minutes (during which I accidentally wasted an extra bag) to brew a cup in my big mug, the blend turned out to be absolutely delicious! Thank you Owlcrate for fueling my addiction to tea, even though my brother is teasing me for how happy I am over "hot leaf juice".


MOVING RIGHT ALONG!!!


The next thing I pulled out was this *squeals inhumanly high* Camp Half-Blood wristband! I'm a huge Percy Jackson fan! In fact, I may or may not already have a matching shirt...


Yes, I'm a nerd. All I need now is a clay bead camper's necklace and a weapon made out of celestial bronze.


The next thing I pulled out was this beautiful castle necklace. Upon further inspection, I discovered that it's actually a locket. I really love this necklace, it's gorgeous and it reminds me of Cinderella's Castle in Disney World.

That's all the goodies I received, minus two coupons for shirts and jewelry, which means it's now time to see this month's hardcover...


...it's Soundless by Richelle Mead. Okay, I have to admit, I wasn't really excited when I pulled this out. Though she's a lovely person, I'm not really a fan of her work. Her mythology can be interesting (I had no idea what a dhampir was until I read Vampire Academy and learning a bit about that side of vampire mythology was kind of cool) but I find her style a tad lackluster. Still, fair is fair, let's see the synopsis and see if it's intriguing.
For as long as Fei can remember, there has been no sound in her village, where rocky terrain and frequent avalanches prevent residents from self-sustaining. Fei and her people are at the mercy of a zipline that carries food up the treacherous cliffs from Beiguo, a mysterious faraway kingdom.
When villagers begin to lose their sight, deliveries from the zipline shrink and many go hungry. Fei’s home, the people she loves, and her entire existence is plunged into crisis, under threat of darkness and starvation.
But soon Fei is awoken in the night by a searing noise, and sound becomes her weapon. Richelle Mead takes readers on a triumphant journey from the peak of Fei’s jagged mountain village to the valley of Beiugo, where a startling truth and an unlikely romance will change her life forever...
I'll admit, it sounds kind of interesting since (according to Richelle's website) it's based around Chinese mythology, but I don't think this is my particular cup of tea.

Therefore...

I AM OFFERING THIS BOOK FOR TRADE.

If you have a recently released book (or, if it's one I've been trying to hunt down), I'll trade you Soundless for it. If you have Winter by Marissa Meyer, I will automatically trade this with you cause I REALLY want that book. Talk to me on Twitter or in the comments if you're interested, I also have a large stack of other available books (which includes a signed copy of Maureen Johnson's The Name of the Star).

Anyway, not a bad haul this month. Next month, the theme is Get Inspired which sounds incredibly promising. However, my budget for December is going directly towards Christmas shopping so it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to get this box. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to bring you another fun unboxing sometime soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments