Sunday Confessionals || This One Involves The Hunger Games...

I've done an unheard of thing in regards to a wildly popular trilogy. That's right. I've done a big no no. The ultimate, a...

I've done an unheard of thing in regards to a wildly popular trilogy. That's right. I've done a big no no. The ultimate, arguably, sin! I SHOULD BE STRUCK FROM WHERE I POTATO ON THE COUCH! Today's post involves The Hunger Games. Now just about everyone loves the books AND the movies. I gotta say, this is one of the best book to movie adaptions I've ever had the pleasure to see. 

My mighty Young Adult sin is this...

I never actually finished the series. I read The Hunger Games, most of Catching Fire and then quickly skimmed the last few pages. I know all that happens in Mocking Jay- the major parts at least i'm looking at you Real? Real. BUT I NEVER FINISHED THE SERIES BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS BORING! I LOVED the first book, but halfway through Catching Fire I got this weird, bored feeling of "who the hell cares? You made it the first time, you'll make it again, you'll follow the cliche and kick all sorts of ass and end up alive and winners in the end." So I stopped reading the series... 

From what I've read in reviews, there's a lot to admire about the characters and reality of war trauma's Katniss and Peeta experience. This is truly a great series. Just... I stopped caring? And I never cared to go back and pick it up and read for myself. Still don't.

Everyone's going to yell at me now, but I've confessed my sin, and I am washed of it. Yeah? Maybe?

You Might Also Like

0 comments