The Reading Habits Tag || Jalapenos Don't Belong On Tolstoy

While checking my email, I saw that those Two Sisters had done the Reading Habits Tag! And of course I love tags and reading them, an...


While checking my email, I saw that those Two Sisters had done the Reading Habits Tag! And of course I love tags and reading them, and so I read and loved their's, and then I realized that I had bookmarked like, three other Reading Habits Tags in a folder for things to do on my blog SO *out of breath* I apologize for the lengthy sentence, but moving on! I decided to finally fill out the tag for myself! And well, Isha and Hanna did invite me to.

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I typically read in my bed or on the chair next to my bed. But that's just because my room is quiet. If my family isn't running about, and all are settled, I can kick it in the living room with them, or in my parent's room. Really, wherever there's a soft spot, I'm game for reading.



2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I have two bookmarks I always use. It's not like I MUST use them, but they're nice to actually have in my books instead of laying around. If I'm reading more than two books, I'll slap a random piece of paper in there to mark my place. 



3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I can't just end it mid sentence. If my mom calls me to do something, or if a sibling barges in, they have to wait. I can't put the book down until I either finish the paragraph, page, or chapter, depending on how far I have to go to get to the next stopping point. Most usually I'll stop on the next paragraph.


4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yes I do! I can eat and drink while reading and not compromise the pristine pages of my book. Do I do that all the time? No! Because my mom doesn't buy snacky food. Plus, now, she has my whole house on a cleanse, so there is hardly any yummy food around. If it's not green it's gone! Do you know how hard it was to find food in my house? I HAD TO USE A JALAPENO FOR THIS BOOKISH POST AND AN OLD WERTHER'S CANDY I FOUND UNDER THE BED! ...It was that or some tupperware full of salsa. Imagine salsa on Tolstoy. Then again peppers and Tolstoy don't really scream soulmates either. Maybe the spicy Jalapeno juice can represent the tears this book inspires.



5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I can do it! I was raised in a noisy house with lots of siblings. Learning to tune out my surroundings was a number one priority. HOWEVER- I'm naturally a day dreamer, so while reading, my brain wonders and I'll think about something else, or focus on another thing. Even if TV and Music are off, I just space out; read a few paragraphs and then ten minutes later I'm staring out the window imagining the characters, or wondering what my dog is sniffing at by the fence.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Both? Sometimes I'm in a contemporary mood, or fantasy, or something else, and sometimes I get those moods all at once! So I pick up all kinds of books and read them when I feel like it. Other times, I fixate on one story (like the Grisha Trilogy) and have no patience for other distracting books *turns up nose*!!!



7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Home, preferably. While I'm certainly capable of reading somewhere else, I don't always want to. Again, my brain wanders. If I'm out in public, my brain is going to want to people watch and take in my surroundings. If you ever see a girl holding a book and staring off into space, she's probably me. Sorry if I'm staring.
Anyways, I prefer home because it just has less distractions. 

8. Reading out lout or silently in your head?
In my head. 

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
YES! I don't like to have spoilers forced on me or slipped in during conversation, but when I am in control and purposely hunting down a spoiler I LOVE GETTING THE INFORMATION. I MUST KNOW EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW! ...for a long time I'd read the last page of a book before reading it. If the last page wowed me, then I'd be like, "ok I'll dedicate the rest of my time to this." 


10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Like new! I'M NOT AN ANIMAL!



11. Do you write in your books?
As a general rule NO! I like to keep my books like new- clean, unmarked pages, nice spine. I prefer people to question whether or not I even opened the book. But... occasionally if I run across a particularly great quote, I will lightly underline it in pencil. I want that quote to always stand out to me.


I TAG
ANYONE WHO WANTS TO DO THIS TAG! If Alexis see's this tag tho... girl I'm calling you out! YOU MUST DO THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

You Might Also Like

0 comments