Blog Tour || A Raven's Touch by Linda Bloodworth

Today on the blog I'm pleased to introduce, Linda Bloodworth! She's here to share some information about her debut novel- A R...



Today on the blog I'm pleased to introduce, Linda Bloodworth! She's here to share some information about her debut novel- A Raven's Touch. I personally think this book is going to be pretty bitchin because I mean just look at all that it has to offer! It's a Young Adult paranormal fantasy run over with gods, demons, fairies, elves, dragons, wolves, witches and humans. And vampires. From the reviews I've read, this book packs a lot into a well built world, and it promises a great read. 

Below you can find my interview with Linda, where she reveals more about her story, and after the interview you can find more information about the book! 


Author: Linda Bloodworth
Date Published: January 4th, 2016
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy, Young Adult
Page Count: 337

FIND IT ELSEWHERE:

Bullied through high school, seventeen-year-old Justice St. Michaels is grateful for the help of her best friend Moira O’Fhey. Their only wish is to graduate high school, leave the sleepy town of Fallingbrook and all that happened behind them. The Heavens have other plans. Between growths on her back and being involved in explosive school fights, nothing seems to make sense. When an unexpected encounter with Darien Raventhorn causes worlds to collide it exposes the truth about Justice's real identity.
To avenge a family death, Justice must embrace her birthright, and slay a demon before all Hell breaks loose.


An Interview with Linda Bloodworth

In A Raven's Touch, which character is your favorite, and why?
 Justice is my favourite character. Not only is she dealt a horrible hand in life, but she rises to the occasion, fights for what she believes in, and doesn't let people take her down. Instead of running and hiding, she is ready to fight. I've read many YA novels where the heroine doesn't have a voice in her own narrative. Justice is anything but wishy washy. She knows who she is, she is determined, and she won't give up without the fight of her life. 

I personally love the title you chose for this book. But I've yet to read the story, so I'm curious- what is the meaning behind the title? How does it tie into the story? No spoilers of course :P
A Raven's Touch actually came to me in a dream over 20 years ago, so it's funny how I've stuck with it. The "raven" in question is Darien Raventhorn, and his "touch" is his influence in Justice's life. That's pretty much it ;)

What inspired you to write A Raven's Touch?
I had a dream when I was 14 years old. I woke up and started writing. Four years later I finish my novel, and I let it sit in a box for years. Now, in my 30's, I decided it was time to dust off the story and give it a modern update. Just goes to show you should follow your dreams!

If you could describe your story in three words, what would they be?
Friendship. Adventure. Romance. 

What elements to you think are important in making a good story?
The characters have to be believable. There should be chemistry between the characters (even on a platonic level) that reminds you of people you know, or even yourself. A good story has that human element that inspires people to reach out and embrace the characters. 



ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Want to stay in touch? Visit Linda on her website here, or FacebookTwitter, Instagram, and Google+! Feel free to subscribe to her newsletter here. Linda Bloodworth loves chips, like really, ketchup to be exact. Ketchup chips are only found in Canada. Lucky for Linda she lives in Toronto with her husband and three fur babies. In between writing, debating for hours about the Oxford comma, and the misunderstood semi colon; Linda enjoys camping and getting away from the city on day trips.

CHECK OUT THE BOOK TRAILER BELOW


You Might Also Like

1 comments