Bookish New Year's Resolutions + Monthly TBR: JANUARY 20161:09 PM
Hello, one and all! This is a new year, and for the first time in my life, I feel like I NEED New Years Resolutions. I've always ...
Hello, one and all! This is a new year, and for the first time in my life, I feel like I NEED New Years Resolutions. I've always been happy with who I am. Never felt like I needed to change anything about myself, and I never had goals. I just happily progressed through life. Well, 2015 kind of broke me down and chewed me out. The year started really well, but went to hell in the Spring time. The Summer, Autumn, and Winter have been hell. I don't like who I am. I'm not proud of who I was when I ended the year. There's a lot in my personal life that I need to change. But my blog isn't about my personal life! It's about BOOKS! And Books are a big reason as to why I didn't leave 2015 a completely miserable, depressed, shattered human being. Books gave me heart. Books gave me goals. Books stimulated my mind. Books kept me from going insane. Really, this blog, and all my friends I've met through blogging, and my sanity- I have to owe to books.
I want to start 2016 strong. In my personal life, I aim to be more fearless, courageous, driven, and not afraid to speak my mind. I'm hoping 2016 shows a lot of character development for me, and hopefully by 2017 I can be writing about my happy ending. In my blogging life, I want to give it my all. I want to treat this blog right, do all I can to really get it off the ground. No more lazing about! I MUST SHAPE UP *flexes noodley reader arms* So, here are my specific BOOKISH New Years Resolutions.
- Review books more intelligently and succinctly.
- Respond coherently to people's comments. I get so excited there's a comment that I flail and I'm like "as;ldkfj;alsdjf THANK YOU;alskdjflakdjf" and I just fail at inspiring discussions.
- Read MORE
- While I want to read more, I have to stop feeling guilty about NOT reading more. Reading isn't a chore. I don't have to be a slave to it. I gotta chill and just read what I want when I want (so long as it's more often than otherwise).
- Actually read the book my blog's named after- A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
- Comment at least once a day on someone else's blog
- I want to get more involved in those habitual posts that I've seen bloggers do- Top 10 Tuesdays, monthly recaps, montly tbr...etc.
- Finish my goodreads challenge. I've never read more than 26 books a year. My goal this year is 50. That's a book per week, with just a smidgen of wiggle room.
I CAN DO THIS!
I mean to get to work on those resolutions right away! Haha, you didn't believe me did you? You thought ol' SJ would list out things To Do and then never actually do them? Well, you had reason to believe that. I am a slacker. I might slack off by next month. But I did aim to start this year strong, so here it goes! BE PROUD OF ME AND MY FIRST MONTHLY TBR!
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue & Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater- I aim to finish this series before the last book comes out.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard- have to finish my ARC before the 5th.
- Never Never by Brianna Shrum- I consistently read disappointed reviews for this. Need to see what all the glummed sighs are about.
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby - because Cait rated it among her top 3 reads of 2015.
- Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg- because my best friend demands it.