Introducing the new blog design! ...and addressing the resulting unfortunate mishaps

underlying image is not mine Hello, hi, welcome welcome. So if you glance a little to your left, and then if you glance a littl...



underlying image is not mine


Hello, hi, welcome welcome. So if you glance a little to your left, and then if you glance a little bit up, down, and to your right... you might notice something a little different with the blog unless of course you're literally blind and just have a kind friend reading my post to you. AND BY "A LITTLE" I MEAN A LOT I COMPLETELY GUTTED THE LAYOUT AND MADE IT FANCY! LOOK AT THAT SIDE BAR! LOOK AT THOSE DROP DOWN LINKS! GO ON! I DARE YOU TO HOVER YOUR MOUSE OVER "MEET THE BLOGGERS" AND SEE THAT GLORIOUS DROP DOWN FEATURE! Look at the share buttons at the bottom of this post... they all match and they're one color! *cries aesthetically pleased tears*


So how did I acquire this downright bitchin design? Because we all know I didn't create it from scratch... Well my best friend was designing her new Lifestyle blog, and I really liked what she did, so I was like, "You know what? I have admin access to your blog so I'm going to swipe your html coding and tweak it to my tastes!" 


Unfortunately the coding was built for her blog, so I had to do some major changes, redo pages, and drop own links, and biographies, and images, and lordy lordy lordy. My head is spinning. My fingers hurt. My mom asked me why I was sobbing tears of bitter frustration. There was just a lot of gnashing of teeth and globs of growling.

As of right now, I can't figure out how to fix some things. Including:

The comments from all my previous posts. I downloaded the HTML coding, and my comments were like, 


All the centered images on every single post decided to shift to the left. 

I can't figure out how to center the "about us" section 

At one point, at the end of my posts, there was a blogger profile, and my profile had some sort of latin mumbo jumbo curse. So that was bizarre (it gone tho hopefully).


Why does the thumbnail of reviews show the goodreads button and not the cover of the book? What is that about?

And we lost our Book Review archives.


So anyways! Those are all just minor annoyances. Stick with me, readers, Adrian, and that dude who doesn't even go here- I promise those kinks will be worked out eventually. BUT IN THE MEANTIME! The blog is functional and still looking sleek as a seal! I hope you enjoy the new layout :)

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love it and looking forward to more posts in 2016! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'll try to help as best as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blog design! I'm sorry that you were so frustrated (I can totally understand why), but I'm glad you got everything under control!! (I also LOVE your use of gifs.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I feel your pain, though. I had such a hard time when I changed my blog design. Adding drop down menus to blogger is seriously a nightmare. It took me forever to figure it out.

    Sarah @ Kerosene Lit

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT'S BEAUTIFUL. WELL DONE. I seriously came on here and just stared and was like "This is not the blog I thought I was going to". BUT I LOVE IT. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT as I said on your other post but I felt I need to SAY IT AGAIN! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete