Top 10 Tuesday || books I want to re-read

Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish . Today's topic is a freebie, so I've chosen to talk about the boo...


Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Today's topic is a freebie, so I've chosen to talk about the books I want to re-read. I've been thinking about these a lot lately. I don't know when I'll ever get around to reading them again, but it'll be great to re-approach these sometime.

Paper Towns by John Green- Sometimes, a large amount of people dislike a book, and then I'm just sitting here like, well I liked it a lot what is wrong with me? This is personally my favorite John Green, but so many people have voiced annoyances with it. When I read it, I loved it. But I read it so long ago that I don't remember why it's my favorite (other than it made me laugh). I want to refresh my memory of it, and read it more critically this next time.

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green- This is one that EVERYONE loved, even me. But sometimes, after the hype has died down, opinions change. I want to go back and re-read this and see if this book stands up to the backlash of hype, or if I too will think John Green is just pretentious.

Me and Earl and The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews- This is another one of those books that made me laugh really hard but after a few years, I don't remember why it had that effect on me (of if it will STILL effect me that way). I haven't seen the movie yet, but I want to go back and re-read this to see if it's still a favorite.

Austenland by Shannon Hale- This got turned into a movIE AND IT'S ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES! I've watched the movie dozens of times. I've forced it upon unsuspecting guests who just thought they were coming over to my house for enchiladas, but by the time the film was over they were cracking up with me. This was directed by Jerusha Hess (of Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre), and I want to go back and read the book and see if it was really as funny as the movie. Or if Jerusha just added her own hilarious twists.

Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer- I've always loved these covers, and I really enjoyed the stories when I read them in 8th grade. But Twilight gets a lot of bad wrap because of reasons (in short- it's silly and Edward is kind of abusive). I just remember really enjoying reading these books, not necessarily because they were GOOD. They were just entertaining. I want to revisit it with a critical eye and laugh over the plot now (because I mean last time through I just swooned over Jacob and wanted to throttle Bella for all of her delightfully horrible choices).

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta- All I remember about this book was it's Australian, has a killer first line, I felt confused for a fair bit but couldn't put it down, aND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN MY MIND WAS BLOWN! I NEED to go back and read it and find out why I liked it so much.

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo- I read this trilogy last summer, and I absolutely loved it. Reading this would be more for nostalgia and revisiting characters and seeing them grow again (and seeing Nikolai ♥my book boyfriend♥) type of thing rather than going back to see what I missed. This one's still fresh for me.

The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare- I've only read the first book, but I really want to continue the series. UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENS, so I have to start over. All I remember is steam punk like...stuff, and Victorian London. And cute guys.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls quartet by Maggie Stiefvater- I read these a long time ago and felt kind of "meh" about the stories. They were good- well written characters, plot line, idea...ect. I just remember that Grace and Sam were kind of boring. I liked them, but it all just had a sleepy, forgettable quality to it all. I was younger when I read them, so I want to see if I can appreciate them more now that I'm older. Or if I'll still get the "meh" vibe.

John Belushi Is Dead by Kathy Charles- This book was fa-reeeeky. But in a good way. It's about these people who are kind of obsessed with movies, and Hollywood history. It's got some tortured characters, and drug usage, and mystery. I really enjoyed it, but again, it's been so long that I need to go back and reexamine why I liked it before I go and recommend it to anyone.


As you can see, a lot of these books are on the list because I forgot what they were about, or what actually happened in the story haha. And that's not good! I love these books, and I want to be able to recommend them with confidence! I want to be able to say, "Dear person whom I love and encourage to read, you should check out this book because of specific reason #1, #2, ...&# infinity. Oh but beware of this part, it's not that great, and this part will blow your mind so you should probably hydrate before reading."

Until I re-read tho, my conversations go like this-

Adrian: What should I read next?
SJ: Jellicoe Road
Adrian: por quĂ©?
SJ: Because Jonah effing Griggs is a babe.
Adrian: ...okay but why?
SJ: Idk he just is.
Adrian: No why should I like the book???
SJ: Because I say so.


aannnd SCENE!

So what are some books you want to re-read?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ugh, I have so many books I want to re-read this year, but there's so many books I haven't read yet that deserve a chance, so it's a very maddening situation lol. Jellicoe Road is on my TBR though, so I'll probably read it this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same boat lol. If I take the time to read something, I want it to be a book in my TBR so I can chip away at that mountainous pile!

      Delete
  2. OMG I hope you reread The Infernal Devices soon! I LOVED IT SO MUCH OMG, I liked it so much more than The Mortal Instruments! Please please PLEASE read them soon - you won't regret it!! I'm also due for a reread of Twilight - it really does have a bad reputation, but I remember enjoying it when I was younger as well, and kinda wanna see what I think of it now xD
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had the impression that the Infernal Devices is more my thing than Mortal Instruments! SO I'LL TRY AND GET TO THEM REAL SOON SO I CAN FLAIL! :D Thank you for commenting! Hope you can re-read twilight in the near future ;)

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've read any of these O.o Buuuuuuut I do love the Twilight covers too, I could just never get into the books. Though I did like the movies when they first came out and...I don't think I've seen the last one. How does it end? o.o And I never thought that hype could chance an opinion, so re-reading The Falt in Our Stars and seeing how you feel about it now...that's a SUPER interesting idea :) I'd do that, but I haven't read many hyped books xD I hope you enjoy them all, if you chose to re-read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the books for Twilight were so much better than the movies xD I always kind of viewed the movies like comedies. They made me giggle a lot. But yeah, in my younger years (like, six years ago xD) the hype surrounding a book really influenced my opinion of them. So I want to go back now that I have a stronger judgement and see how they hold up. Thank you for commenting! Hope you get to read some of these- at least Jellicoe Road. It was great!

      Delete
  4. ERMAGERD I SPY STIEFVATERRRRRRRR. *flails* Okay so I read them like 3 years back? And I liked them but it wasn't "utterly in love and cannot breath because is so in love" ahem. SO. Then I reread them last year and OOOOOMIGOSH I CANNOT EVEN FOR MY LOVE FOR THEM. <33 Sam. <333 Saaaaaam. And Isabel and Cole are basically everything. And I shall cry for 38938 years over each book bECAUSE I'M JUST A RABID FANGIRL, OKAY?! OKAY. *nods*
    Ahem.
    I love John Green eternally. ;D
    And I don't really reread much? But I'm re-rereading The Raven Boys right now in preparation for the Raven King and I. love. it. It makes me think I should make an effort to re-read more. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO IT DOES GET BETTER WITH AGE???? AWESOME ASJALSJF OMG I MUST REREAD THEM STAT THEN. I'm becoming a HUGE Stiefvater fan. I've finished both her series (sans Raven King MAY THAT PLS GET HERE FASTER???), but I've yet to read Scorpio Races. I need to get on that soon tho. I'm going into Stiefvater withdrawals.

      Delete