Top 10 Tuesday || Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Top 10 Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at the listy blog,   The Broke and the Bookish .  I'm skipping t...


Top 10 Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at the listy blog,  The Broke and the Bookish

I'm skipping the Resolutions topic that was intended for today because you cannot contain a dragon!, because I kind of already did that over on this post. And one of my resolutions happened to be- Participate in weekly memes on a more regular basis. So look at me Miss Goody Two-Left-Shoes! I'm actually doing one of my resolutions. I'm pleased as punch to share with you today, the top 12 books I really really really wanted to read but then didn't get to because of reasons life, netflix, Adrian, I can blame a lot of things hehe...


Bone Gap by Laura Ruby- I saw this book over on Cait's blog a few weeks ago and just had to read it. Because 1) it's got a bee on the cover and I fluppin love bees. 2) It's a western. Or at least that's what I gathered. 3) Bloggers consistently rave about this book.

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios- this is about a girl in a small town who wants to escape her trailer trash future. And she works at a motel with a 19 year old ex marine who's lacking in the leg department. Also there's that cover. I MUST READ!

Blood & Salt by Kim Liggett- Romeo and Juliet meets Children of the Corn. YES PLEASE! The reason I never got to this book was because my library didn't have it. Also some of the reviews aren't very promising, so I didn't feel safe enough to buy the book without having read it first.

Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman- I had ALL the oprotunity to read this one. I didn't though because I own it, and just kept pushing it off for the books I got from the library.

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab- I like the cover, and apparently the contents are just out of this world amazing. And I've heard all kinds of swoons over Schwab's writing style. I MUST READ IT! SOAK IT UP! BASK IN IT'S GLORY!

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo- I consumed The Grisha Trilogy like it was my first cup of water after trekking across the desert! IT WAS SO GOOD! Couldn't wait to fall into her next story. But when I finally bought Six of Crows, I got struck by a serious case of the Reader's Yips, so it still sits on my shelf, calling to me and repelling me at the same time.



Air Awakens by Elise Kova- My friend Alexis over at Mad For Books, Luv goes on about this book ALL THE TIME! I really want to see what all her flails are about.

Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid- I won this book a few months ago, and since I'm a permanent owner of it, I never got around to reading it. But it looks cute! Maybe I'll pick it up soon.

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven- My best friend read it, a lot of great youtubers read it, and now I MUST READ IT!

Dumplin by Julie Murphy- I've been wanting to read this since it came out, but the library wait list is supah dupah long.

Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson- It's an alternative U.S. history fantasy steampunk world. I want it. I need it. I actually forgot about it until jut recently, so I'll be ordering it from the library soon.

Spelled by Betsy Schow- Betsy is such a cute name *flails* Anyways, I had never heard of this book until it showed up in my P.O. Box! My co-blogger, Dash, had it sent to me. I love the shoes on the cover tho, and it's premise, so I'll be reading it as soon as possible.



I hope you are all having a good new year!
What are your top 10 Tuesdays? Share links below!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I haven't read a single book from this list. Oops. I've heard really awesome things about I'll Meet You There. Ok, I also need to read Air Awakens. But, I'll be honest, that cover turned me completely off at first. I've only heard good things, though, so I feel like I can look past the cover at this point.

    Sarah @ Kerosene Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same thing turned me off for Air Awakens! But yeah, alll the reviews I read from friends say it's really good :) I must give it a chance! Thanks for your comment ^_^

      Delete
  2. *whisper screams* BONE GAP AND SPELLED ARE AMAZING!
    But also, let me tell you girl *snaps*.
    What is with us? All of these awesome sounding books left on our TBRS like man. We need to get working XD. But seriously, Six of Crows sounds fantastic, also ADSOM (which I need to read before she comes to my state O_O!)
    But heyyyyyy I really recommend Spelled (and Angelina says Bone Gap) So those two re wonderful :D .Happy readinggggg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *BOISTEROUS YELL* BONE GAPP AND SPELLED /LOOK/ AMAZING I MEAN LOOK AT THOSE COVERS! THEM HEELS! DAT BEE!

      AND I KNOW WHAT IS OUR DEAL??? I've decided to get into audio books so I can get through books quicker! AND CONSUME MORE!

      OMG you get to meet Schwab??? :o

      Delete
  3. Bone Gap and Dumplin' are both on my list as well! They look so good, and I even have a copy of Bone Gap from ALA, and I haven't gotten around to reading either of them yet.

    Six of Crows and ADSOM are AMAZING and two of my favorites from last year. I know I'm probably the hundredth person you heard that from, but I just had to point out how great they are again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. asldkf;ldfj you're just reassuring me that i'm NUTS for not having read these books yet! haha thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Recently read a Darker Shade of Magic. It's great. but I have to say I like Vicious by the same author more if possible. you need to read it so we can fangirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to dedicate a month to Schwab. Hit me with all of her books if I don't read them soon.

      Delete