Top 10 Tuesday || Top Ten Books I've Recently Added To My TBR

Top 10 Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at the listy blog, The Broke and the Bookish .  Today's glorious...


Top 10 Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at the listy blog, The Broke and the Bookish

Today's gloriously bookish topic is "Books I've Recently Added To My TBR". I'm doing just the literal latest few books on my list. This is the moment where I thank God I didn't add anything embarrassing haha...


Nora and Kettle Lauren Nicolle TaylorWhat if Peter Pan was a homeless kid just trying to survive, and Wendy flew away for a really good reason? I saw this cover on Cait's blog, and the premise looked really really good. Because you know how Peter Pan is set during the World War and in London? Imagine JAPANESE World War Peter Pan.

My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand- This is another book I saw on Cait's 2016 trend predictions post. It was mentioned by Alexandra from Twirling Pages. Apparently it is a humorous historical fantasy romance retelling, which makes it a smorgasbord of all my favorite stuff! INSTA ADDED IT TO GOODREADS! Boom yeah.

I Shall Be Near to You by Erin Lindsay McCabe- Somebody (don't remember who- all names proceed to fall out of my mush brain) mentioned this on twitter! It's a historical fiction about a girl who dresses up as a man so she can fight alongside her husband in the Civil War. I'm not actually THAT excited about this book. It just looked mildly interesting to me.

Heartless by Marissa Meyer- The cover is a bit underwhelming, but I hear she's a great author! AND THIS BOOK IS A FRIGGIN QUEEN OF HEARTS ORIGIN STORY! I love when the "bad guys" get their backstory! *flails* I hope somebody writes my backstory one day muahahaha *twirls metaphorical mustache* I will RULE one day!


Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell- I was recently talking about Never Never with Sarah from Kerosene Lit, and she mentioned that this book was well written and generally better accepted by the reading community than Never Never. I LOVE a good Peter Pan retelling, so I'll try to read this one soon.

This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills- I recently read her debut novel First & Then, and I LOVED IT! Didn't know it was a debut tho, so I went hunting for more of her stories. Can't wait to read this in *record scratches* 2017!?!?!? *sobs for a year*

Made You Up by Francesca Zappia- That cover 100% drew me to this book. Also it's a contemporary, mental health, romance which I find is a really nice blend for a great read.

The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen- I put on twitter that I'm getting into romance and contemporaries lately, and this book was recommended to me. I don't know how excited I am to read it. Humor was promised to me, but there's just a lot of sports in it, and it looks like a re-write of that book where the girls mirror the story of Lysistrata (everybody praise me I SPELLED THAT WORD RIGHT ON THE FIRST TRY *fist pump*) and withhold sex from the jocks until they learn how to prioritize their girlfriends and sports. I think it was called Shut Out.

A Raven's Touch by Linda Bloodworth- I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK! Linda contacted me about it (she is so cool btw) and told me what it's essentially about. It has elves, dragons, vampires, angels, witches, and just a whole glob of fantasy AND paranormal! It's an e-book. I need it. I have no monies. I need the monies to buy the e-book. I NEED IT NOW.

Like A River Glorious by Rae Carson- One of my favorite things about The Gold Seer Trilogy is that she takes the titles from old hymn lyrics, AND I KNOW THE HYMNS! Walk On Earth A Stranger was one of my favorite reads of 2015 (I did not know it was a part of a trilogy... so that cliff hanger was a killer). NOW I NEED THIS NEXT BOOKS buy it for me, Adrian.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. UNHOOKED!!! I'm still undecided if I want to preorder it or not. I'm scared it will be a dud like Never Never was for me. But I have a serious love for Captain Hook, so I guess I could count it as a collectable, right? XD I'm so excited for Heartless! I have such high hopes for it.

    Sarah @ Kerosene Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a serious lover of Captain Hook, I think you NEED to start a collection of books for him! THAT WOULD BE REALLY REALLY COOL ^_^

      Delete
  2. MADE YOU UP! That one is really, really good! Happy reading! I've also added Heartless to my TBR. Finished The Lunar Chronicles recently and now I want all of her books! My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting the Lunar Chronicles soon! Just ordered the audio book from the library ^_^

      Delete
  3. Yessss to MADE YOU UP. I heard great things. I seriously need to read one. Especially, since it's on my kindle. Also, that HEARTLESS cover is meh. I do hope they change it. Something is really off with crown placement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MADE YOU UP HAS SUCH A GORGEOUS ARTSY COVER *heart eyes* but then yeah, there's HEARTLESS -_- ...it's too... monochrome? It needs something else, but I can't put my finger on it.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for bringing a lot of these to my attention! Nora and Kettle in particular looks very interesting! Also, I LOVED Walk on Earth a Stranger and didn't realize the title of the second book had been revealed. I am very excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize it was revealed either until I looked it up for this post xD BUT I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER *high five* I'm posting a review for it soon. Thanks for your comment ^_^

      Delete
  5. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT MY LADY JANE! Seriously, I think it's going to be phenomenal. And I totally agree with you about the underwhelming Heartless cover...it looks more like a placeholder for something better in my opinion, but Marissa Meyer is wonderful. Have you never read any of her other books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the middle of reading Cinder right now ^_^ And I'm absolutely loving it so far.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE THE COVER OF MADE YOU UP! IT'S SO PRETTY! And Nora and Kettle sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete