Unpopular Opinion Book Tag

Underlying image and subsequent images are not mine.  I was tagged by the perspicacious Leah Bauer ! Thank you so much, dear girl! I&...

Underlying image and subsequent images are not mine. 

I was tagged by the perspicacious Leah Bauer! Thank you so much, dear girl! I've been wanting to do this tag for quite some time. So, without further ado, I shall charge on to the tag...


1. A popular book or series you didn't like
There was so much I found WRONG with this series. I only read Throne of Glass, but from the spoilers and reviews I read of the next few books, I just... I don't know if I can carry on reading them.


2. A popular book/series everybody hates but you love
This was so hard to answer. What book does the blogging community collectively hate? I'm drawing a total blank. I mean, when I read reviews, this book tends to be pretty underwhelming. Nobody hated it, but nobody loved it either. It was meh. But I really liked this Meh Series.


3. A love triangle where you didn't like who the main character ended up with
Red Queen. This story isn't over, but I can already tell the author isn't going to pair my favorite guy up with the girl lol *sob* Also The Raven Cycle ... I ship Noah and Blue *cries* I really ship them. Ship them hard. And Maggie keeps teasing me with them, and it's breaking my heart because I KNOW they won't end up together.


4. A popular genre you hardly read
Historical fiction. I'm pretty heavily into the spectrum of contemporaries or fantasy. It's not that I don't like historical fiction. I just haven't focused on it yet.


5. A popular/beloved character you hate
Cath from Fangirl. She really annoyed me. Really really truly crawled under my skin and annoyed the crap out of me. How she handled college and her second chances and her assignments, and how obsessed she was with her fanction *groans and gripes* I JUST HAVE A LOT OF RAGE.


6. A popular author you can't seem to get into
David Levithan. I just don't get him. At all. His style, his voice, his characters. None of it! He's boring and pretentious. I'd rather watch Adrian play video games than slug through one of these books.


7. A popular trope you're tired of reading
Common girl is suddenly super special and leads a revolution while squished in a love sandwich between a prince and his rough right hand man (or alternatively her best friend). I feel like I've read this story fifteen times. 


8. A popular series you have no interest in reading


9. A movie you liked better than the book
This book was soooo boring. It was very slow. It was a fine story with great characters and all, but I just could not get into the book. I've watched two of the movies though, and it's portrayed much better on film than on the page.

AND THAT'S IT! I TAG EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO DO THIS! AND SOME PEOPLE ON TWITTER (ALEXIS, EM, CLAIRE MUAHAHA)

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Thanks for tagging me!! Ddsajdoisajdao.

    I just did this tag a few months ago, and it's funny because I put Matched in my "Popular but didn't like" section...and you did the opposite. #awkward

    BUT we both have the City of Bones series as our "Popular but uninterested." Yay for unpopular similarities!

    I think this is my favorite of all book tags because what someone *doesn't* like says a lot about who they are. But anyways, if you want to see mine, here it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING, FRIEND!! :D It's so nice to have you here! xD *said in best hostess voice* haha soo awkward xD BUT YES YAY FOR UNPOPULAR SIMILARITIES! And thank you for leaving a link. This is my favorite tag, so Imma hop on over to your blog now.

      Delete
  2. Girl, I also dislike the Throne of Glass series. I read up to Crown of Midnight and I just can't tortue myself any longer. I've just been keeping up with spoilers since then, haha. I've actually been thinking about reading the Matched series. I usually only hear awful things, so I'm happy that you enjoyed it!! I actually really want to read The Mortal Instruments series. I have the first one on hold at the library. The curiosity about the series is killing me. Ahhh I love this tag!

    Sarah @ Kerosene Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOOO xD I read all the Throne of Glass spoilers. I just can't get up the motivation to read the second book. The first was okay, but I've read spoilers for the later stories and I don't want to get invested even more in characters and a plot that I know won't head the direction I want. AND I KNOW THIS TAG IS AWESOMEA ;DFASDFJALSDJFALSDJF I kind of want to know if the Mortal Instruments is worth it now, so I can't wait to read your review of it ^_^ LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD GET INTO IT!

      Delete
  3. I feel your Red Queen pain. I spent the whole book hoping so hard, but by the end I knew it wasn't going to happen. A part of me may of know it wasn't going to happen the whole time. I still feel stung by it. I may have thrown my hands up and said "what's the point of ever hoping for anything?"

    You're not missing too much with the Mortal Instruments series, I gave up after the third book. Too many people seeming like they're dead, but then they're not. And too many times where it seemed like the series was over and then it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't get me wrong that ending hurt like the dickens but I kind of liked it. I always appreciate a twist xD but at the same time I was like, "damn, there goes my ship straight down thE TOILET!" >.<

      Also from what I've heard of the Mortal Instruments, I probably wouldn't like it all that much. I mean, I'm curious to see what all the hype was about, but I just feel like it's too LONG and not what I'd enjoy at all.

      Delete
  4. i totally understand about the mortal instruments! i read the first two books because a couple of friends read it, but i never really got that into the world. so many people love it, but i just don't get it.

    loved this post! own your opinion <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tag so much! I don't care too much for the Throne of Glass series either. I've read the first two books and I guess I'll come back to it..eventually. I wasn't a fan of how Red Queen ended too. Not what I was expecting at all!

    And I haven't read a Jane Austen book I like yet. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you on the popular trope you hate:) Ugh, love triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gorsh I can't read historical fiction I really want to but I can't get into it. I know Brianna didn't like Cath either, she thought she was cold to everybody...so you have that in common! :D

    ReplyDelete